10 March 2016
Applicant type: Public
I would like the following information under the Freedom of Information Act
1. How much spend on Adult and Childrens Social Care related agency and bank workers for calendar year 2015?
2. How much spend on all other agency and bank workers for calendar year 2015?
3. How much spend on Adult and Childrens Social Care services for staffing in total excluding agency or bank workers for calendar year 2015?
4. The person or persons responsible for managing temporary staff together with their email and telephone number?
Info provided - 11 April 2016
Please note that our Children's Services are delivered by Achieving for Children (a community interest company). We do not hold information relating to any agency workers employed by AfC and suggest you refer your request directly via: http://www.achievingforchildren.org.uk/foi
With regards to Adult's Social Care; we can advise as follows:
1) Adult Social Care related agency and bank workers = £3.1m
2) The following information has been taken from the temporary staff codes on the Council's financial ledger. Whilst all attempts are made to ensure expenditure is not miscoded where this has happened the cost will not be included in the analysis.
All figures are provided excluding VAT as the Council is able to claim back any VAT paid.
The question asks for spend on agency staff only, so no consultants are included in this figure. Figures exclude schools and schools based staff.
3) Adult Social Care services for staffing in total excluding agency or bank workers = £9.4m
4) Relevant Heads of Service names are available via:
Please note that our responses were accurate to the best of our knowledge at the time of release, and have not subsequently been updated. This information should be considered an historical record only.
Updated: 13 Apr 2017