4 March 2016
Applicant type: Company
1) Are your staff and any other information and advice providers used by you able to:
2) Have you provided training to enable this? If so please state the method/s used
3) How do you 'facilitate access' to regulated financial advice when appropriate?
4) Do you have a specific financial advice pathway for self-funders?
5) How do you quality assure financial information and advice provided by your staff and/or any external providers?
Info provided - 21 March 2016
1) We have a developed a booklet entitled 'Paying for your own care and support' which is provided to all self-funders, which covers what options are available to them and recommends taking independent financial advice and how to do so. The booklet is provided to service users once identified as self-funders.
2) Training was provided following the introduction of the Care Act so that staff are aware of our duties under the Care Act 2014 to provide access to suitable information and advice and the need to recommend independent financial advice. New staff receive an induction from the finance team and they also regularly attend team meetings.
3) The booklet provides details of how and where to obtain independent financial advice.
5) Our staff do not provide financial information and advice and we would not expect external providers to do so. Our booklet provides information on how to obtain independent financial advice which should be given only by qualified IFAs.
Please note that our responses were accurate to the best of our knowledge at the time of release, and have not subsequently been updated. This information should be considered an historical record only.
Updated: 13 Apr 2017