Recycle electrical items
You can dispose of your old household electronic equipment:
- By booking a bulky item or fridge freezer collection
- At a Richmond library
- At Townmead Road Reuse and Recycling centre
- In other ways, including at retail outlets
Only domestic electrical items can be recycled and the size limit is 21cm x 19cm.
We can collect:
- Electric toothbrushes and tools
- Laptops and computer keyboards
- Desk fans
- Desk phones, mobile phones
- Electric shavers
- Hair driers
- Portable radios
- Hi-Fi / CD players
- DVD players
- Bread makers
- Slow cookers
- Food processors, blenders/juicers and other similar items
We cannot collect:
- Microwave ovens
- TVs and screens
- Light bulbs or fluorescent lights
All of the items listed in the previous section can be recycled at a Richmond library for free.
This excludes Kew, Hampton Wick and the Reference Library.
Separate containers are provided at Townmead Road to recycle a range of electrical items.
Find out what you can recycle at Townmead Road.
If you don't know which container to place your electrical items, ask a member of staff on site who will be happy to assist.
There are a number of other ways to recycle your electrical items:
Updated: 19 December 2023