A new online booking system is in place for Townmead Recycling Centre, enabling people to book their slot in advance and avoid lengthy queues. Visitors arriving without a booking will be turned away and not be allowed entry.
Before you visit
Before you visit Townmead, make sure you read our guidance for visitors.
Check the Twitter feed for queuing times other recent updates.
Cars and bikes (of all types) are only permitted on site for a maximum of 10 minutes. Vans are permitted on site for 20 minutes.
Please be sure to book in advance and arrive no later than 5 minutes after your slot.
Please have your booking reference to hand to verify with staff to gain entry.
- Monday to Saturday, 8am to 4pm
- Sunday, 9am to 4pm
Trade opening hours 8am to 3.30pm Monday to Friday excluding Bank holidays.
Townmead Road is open throughout the festive period, except for 25, 26 and 27 December and 1 January. Last entry to Townmead Road on 24 and 31 December will be for 2pm bookings.
- Townmead Road HWRC is located next to Mortlake Crematorium. It is important the traffic to the centre does not impact access for grieving families and hearses accessing the Crematorium
- If you are unwell with coronavirus, symptoms of the virus or are self-isolating you should stay at home. Those on the NHS shielded list who are considered extremely medically vulnerable should also not visit
- You will be required to stay two metres away from all other members of the public and staff
- You are advised to wear gloves for your own protection
- A maximum of two adults will be permitted to leave the car
- Staff will not be permitted to help with heavy items, so please do not bring items you cannot move on your own
- Limited bays for unloading will be available, therefore limited vehicles will be allowed on site at any one time
- You must comply with guidance set out on signage at the site
- You must follow instructions from staff at all times
What social distancing measures have been put in place to keep me safe?
You will find that:
- Alternate car parking spaces will be used to ensure a two metre minimum spacing between residents
- HWRC staff will be encouraging social distancing
- Signage reminding residents of the importance of social distancing will be displayed
Have more rigorous cleaning routines being introduced at the centre?
Staff will be cleaning metal surfaces, but this will not be after every resident has deposited their waste. So, you also have your part to play to ensure your safety and the safety of others. You are advised to wear gloves to protect yourself and help reduce the transmission of coronavirus.
- Small vans include compact vans with the load space (space inside of the vehicle that is designated to carry a load) dimensions no bigger than 1.7 x 1.5 x 1.2 metres (length x width x height)
- Some examples are Citroen Nemo, Peugeot Bipper, Fiat Fiorino, Ford Connect, Volkswagen Caddy, Vauxhall Combo, Renault Kangoo, Citroen Berlingo, and Peugeot Partner
If you booked a slot for a small van and you arrive in a large van, you will not be permitted on site. Please return to the homepage and book a large van slot.
Updated: 18 October 2021