My Account

Report a change to your housing circumstances

If you have made a housing or homelessness application and your circumstances have changed since your last contact with us you must tell us straightaway.

This information may affect our assessment of your application, the number of points your housing application receives, or the size of the accommodation offered to you.  If you have moved home, you will need to complete a new online application. You will not need to complete a new application if the Council moves you to temporary accommodation under their homelessness duties

Examples can include:

  • You have a baby 
  • You have a new partner or family member that has joined your household
  • Your income and/or savings have altered
  • You have medical information you need us to assess
  • You have new contact details

How to tell us

To tell us about a change of your circumstances you should contact the housing assessment team  at You should include the following:

  • Reference number (found at the top of the decision letter)
  • Name
  • Date of birth
  • Current address
  • Contact telephone number/email
  • Details of change of circumstances (e.g. someone has left the household/household member pregnant/change of address/new medical requirements)
  • Supporting documents

What happens next?

Your change of circumstances will be assessed against our Housing Allocation Scheme. Please note that in some cases you may be requested to complete a new online housing application form. You will be advised in writing if there has been any change to your assessed housing needs.

Updated: 03 April 2023

Stay up to date! Make sure you subscribe to our email updates.