My Account

Social housing (Council housing)

We do not own any housing stock and homes are provided by housing associations for us to allocate. We are able to offer around 300 homes per year, so will only consider those in urgent need of housing.

Applying for housing

You can apply to join the housing register by completing the online form.

You must make sure you have read all of the information about applying for housing and understand the allocation process fully before you begin your application.

If you are homeless

If you are homeless or threatened with homelessness you should get advice and help as soon as possible. We will work to stop you losing your home, or consider your options so you can quickly find a home.

It is unlikely that you will be offered a social housing property as these are in high demand. In some situations we have a duty to provide emergency temporary accommodation.

If you can't stay in your home due to domestic violence then you can apply as a homeless person.

Moving or downsizing

There are several moving schemes on offer for social housing tenants who wish to find a smaller property, swap their home, or relocate to another part of the country.

Complaints about housing

Often, complaints about housing should be made directly to your housing association. However, there are other ways to complain depending on the reason for your complaint.

Up to: Housing

Updated: 04 April 2023

Stay up to date! Make sure you subscribe to our email updates.