About the Civic Pride Fund
If you or your organisation have a local initiative that meets one of the Civic Pride Fund priorities, why not submit an application for funding?
COVID-19 has had a huge impact on local communities and we welcome projects that help support our communities recover from that impact, within the context of the priority themes.
Civic Pride Fund priorities
The Civic Pride Fund has the following aims.
1. Building capacity in our community
Using the skills and talents of local people to benefit the local community to:
- Enable local people to develop, agree and deliver their own responses to local issues
- Have a greater say in the design and delivery of services and take advantage of opportunities to deliver services themselves
- Tackle inequality and discrimination
2. A borough to be proud of
Making public places more attractive, enjoyable and distinctive and building stronger communities through:
- Improving public spaces, including open space and gardens
- Promoting the Borough’s culture, history and heritage
- Celebrating our place in Europe - including our links with other communities in the UK and abroad
3. Town and Neighbourhood Centre Initiatives
The Council is supportive of initiatives that promote the vitality of our town and neighbourhood centres. (Only projects that fall outside the scope and limited funding capacity of the Town Centre Opportunities Fund are eligible to apply)
4. Sport Initiatives
Projects should contribute to the priorities for sport and fitness, in particular:
- Provide more opportunities for adults or young people to take part in sport
- Widen participation by targeting provision at low participant groups, particularly people with disabilities
- Provide opportunities for competitive sport that develop pathways to support talented sports people
Projects requiring ongoing funding
The Civic Pride Fund is intended to help communities launch new ideas rather than repeat fund projects, or fund projects requiring ongoing funding.
Read about projects that have been awarded funding from the Civic Pride Fund.
To talk through your ideas or if you require any other assistance please contact:
Senior Project Officer (Voluntary Sector)
Telephone: 020 8487 5259
Up to: Civic Pride Fund
Updated: 06 July 2021