Carrying out works under the Party Wall Act

If you intend to carry out work (other than minor work e.g. drilling holes for screw fixings or replacing recessed electric wiring and sockets) you must inform all adjoining owners.

What should be included?

  • Your name and address
  • The building’s address (if different from yours)
  • A statement that the notice is served under the provisions of the Act
  • Full details of the proposed work
  • When you intend to start work.

Updated: 20 November 2013