Library volunteering opportunities
We currently enjoy the support of over 100 volunteers working with the Richmond upon Thames library service, participating in a number of different activities.
Whilst we currently have a waiting list for some roles, you are still welcome to return an application form to us and we will keep you informed when new roles arise.
- Coder Dojo mentor at the Information and Reference Library
- Reader Leader Volunteer (borough-wide)
- Lego Club Volunteer vacancy
- Garden Volunteer at Teddington Library
- Community Garden Volunteer at Ham Library
Volunteering role descriptions
- Italian Conversation Group Volunteer (pdf, 249 KB)
- Chess Club Volunteer (pdf, 346 KB)
- CoderDojo Mentor (pdf, 346 KB)
- Coffee Morning Volunteer (pdf, 293 KB)
- Duke of Edinburgh Volunteer (pdf, 80 KB)
- Gardener(pdf, 314 KB)
- Home Delivery Service Volunteer(pdf, 21KB)
- Local Studies Volunteer (pdf, 397 KB)
- Noticeboard Volunteer(pdf, 316 KB)
- Reader Leader (borough wide) (pdf, 427 KB)
- Reading Group Facilitator(pdf, 21KB)
- Reminiscence Café Volunteer (pdf, 279 KB)
- Stock Assistant(pdf, 307 KB)
- Work Club Volunteer(pdf, 21KB)
- Reader Leader (pdf, 481 KB)
- Novel Steps Volunteer (pdf, 258 KB)
I would like to volunteer, what should I do?
Please fill out and return a volunteer application form (pdf, 93 KB).
Email your completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Richmond libraries also offer volunteering opportunities for students undertaking their Duke of Edinburgh's Award.
Process for volunteers
There is an interview process for prospective volunteers and all successful volunteers will be asked to supply two references. Certain volunteer roles will require a Disclosure and Barring Service check.
For more information please email email@example.com or phone 020 8734 3301. We look forward to welcoming you to the team!
Up to: Volunteering at the library
Updated: 12 May 2022