Where can I park with a Blue Badge?
A Blue Badge entitles the holder to have some national parking concessions, but these differ between each Local Authority.
The following guidance is only for the London Borough of Richmond upon Thames. Find out where you can park outside of this Borough.
You can park
You may park within the London Borough of Richmond, whilst clearly displaying a valid Blue Badge:
- In disabled persons' parking places at any time where no time limit is indicated, or as stated
There are a number of disabled bays on-street in the borough, where any blue badge holder may park. The following bays are provided for general use by any blue badge holder in locations of interest such as town centres and near to libraries:
- Station Road, Barnes (opposite its junction with Cleveland Road) - one space
- George Street, Richmond (outside Tesco) – one space, three hour limit
- Parkshot, Richmond (outside Parkshot Medical Centre) – one space
- Queens Road, Twickenham (near junction with King Street) - one space, three hour limit
- Garfield Road, Twickenham (outside Twickenham Library) – one space
- Arragon Road, Twickenham (outside side of No. 42 York Street) – two spaces
- Hampton Hill High Street (outside Hampton Hill Medical Centre) - two spaces
- Waldegrave Road, Teddington (outside Teddington Library) - two spaces
- Whitton High Street (outside Barclays Bank) – one space
- Whitton High Street (outside No. 78/80) – two spaces
- Whitton High Street (outside No. 49) – one space
- Ailsa Avenue, St Margarets (outside St Margarets Medical Practice) – one space, three hour limit
- Kew Green (outside Elizabeth Gate) – two spaces
You may also park within the London Borough of Richmond, whilst clearly displaying a valid Blue Badge:
- In resident permit holder parking places within Controlled Parking Zones without payment and without a time limit
- In business permit holder parking places within Controlled Parking Zones without payment and without a time limit
- In permit holder parking places within Controlled Parking Zones without payment and without a time limit
- In permit holder shared-use parking places such as permit holder / pay and display / pay by phone / voucher spaces within Controlled Parking Zones without payment and without a time limit
- In pay and display, pay by phone and voucher bays without payment or time limit
- In free parking bays without a time limit
- In the Council's car parks without paying and without time limit
- On a single or double yellow line without payment for up to three hours, provided that no loading prohibition is in force (shown by signs and kerb blips on street). You are required to display your clock set to the time of your arrival with your Blue Badge. Both clock and Badge must be clearly visible from outside the vehicle
- On Twickenham Event Days, all Blue Badge holders are permitted to park within Controlled Parking Zone (CPZ R). Please note that the stadium has facilities for disabled parking, however, these are limited and need to be applied for in advance
If you regularly park in one of our car parks (with a barrier exit), you can purchase a Proximity Pass which will automatically open the barrier when you leave. For further information about how to get a Proximity Pass, contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You cannot park
Blue Badges do not allow you to park in:
- Red Routes
- Bus lanes
- Car club bays
- Electric charging point bays (unless for the process of re-charging a vehicle)
- Taxi ranks
- Loading bays or a place restricted by a loading ban (as indicated by single, or double-yellow kerb blips and a white sign showing the hours of restriction)
- Parking bays reserved for other types of vehicle (such as ambulances; taxis; doctors; motorcycles)
You should not drive or park in a cycle lane.
You must also not cause an obstruction or danger to pedestrians or other road users.
Updated: 16 August 2022