The Teddington/Strawberry Hill area parking study
In response to residents’ requests, we are carrying out a consultation over a large area of Teddington and Strawberry Hill on the possibility of implementing parking controls.
This consultation follows the receipt of requests (including petitions) from residents, asking for a Controlled Parking Zone (CPZ) to be implemented in their roads to alleviate the difficulties residents are regularly experiencing in finding a parking space near to their home due in part to the parking of vehicles by non-residents (all day commuters and/or short and long stay parking).
Having considered the petitions and the overall parking situation, we decided to consult these roads and to include some adjacent roads, which may be affected by any change – see yellow area on the attached drawing.
The consultation opened on Friday 24 January and ended on Friday 20 March 2020.
The deadline was extended due to the addition of some properties to the consultation area.
Copies of the consultation documents are below:
- Teddington/Strawberry Hill Study Consultation letter (pdf, 137 KB)
- Teddington/Strawberry Hill Study Consultation questionnaire (pdf, 127 KB)
The Transport and Air Quality Committee met on Thursday 14 January 2021. View the report below (item 34):
The committee approved parking controls in eight areas. These are shown in dark green on the plan below:
Please note these do not necessarily represent the final formation of the CPZ and the operational hours/days are yet to be decided. Residents living the dark green areas will be consulted on final proposals. Those living in the areas shaded light green are to be asked if they would like their road to be included in these areas. Some additional roads may be added to this list.
- Officers to prepare proposals for new CPZ areas including any revised boundaries to existing CPZs and consultation documents asking for views on firm proposals including refining the preference on operational hours/days and highlighting any potential future design issues
- Documents to include consultations with existing areas Zone T and the Cedars
- Officers to provide a list of roads with specific traffic/access problems that warrant longer lengths of double yellow lines than usual (i.e. limited road widths)
- Share these proposals and draft documentation with ward councillors
- (Provisional) consultation date with the community on final proposals: Late-March 2021 to May 2021
- Extensions of the operational hours/days of existing zones, Vicarage Road CPZ (Zone M1) and Ferry Road CPZ (Zone Z2) to be implemented at the same time as implementation of the above schemes
Following further work, including consultation with ward councillors, final proposals were made. These include brand new CPZs, the re-drawing of the existing Teddington CPZ (T), which was split either side of the railway line with new roads added to it. The North Teddington CPZ (T1) will also be extended to include Waldegrave Road (High Street to Shacklegate Lane) and Linden Grove.
We consulted properties in these areas where CPZs have been approved to refine preferences regarding which operational hours should apply (areas shaded dark green on the plan).
Preliminary designs of the CPZ layout are still available in the table below. These are preliminary designs (not final) but are being finalised now in light of the feedback received from the community.
We identified roads where we expect to install some limited yellow lines to maintain access. View roads with access issues (pdf, 150 KB).
An error was reported with letters printed for the T1a/Cambridge Road and Zone T (T-IN) areas. These letters were reprinted and redelivered by 24 September.
The consultation opened on Friday 24 September and closed on Sunday 24 October 2021.
|New Fulwell CPZ (Zone FW) (pdf, 1.3 MB)||FW-IN|
|New St Mary's CPZ (Zone SM) (pdf, 1.9 MB)||SM-IN|
|New Teddington CPZ (Zone T) - Bridgeman Road and Cedar Road (pdf, 2.3 MB)||T-Bridge|
|New Teddington CPZ (Zone T) (pdf, 2.3 MB)||T-IN|
|New Teddington CPZ (Zone T1a) (pdf, 1.9 MB)||T1a|
|New Teddington CPZ (Zone T2) (pdf, 2.6 MB)||T2|
|New Teddington CPZ (Zone T3) (pdf, 3.7 MB)||T3-IN|
|New Fulwell CPZ (Zone FW) (pdf, 1.3 MB)||FW-OUT|
|New St Mary's CPZ (Zone SM) (pdf, 1.9 MB)||SM-OUT|
|New Teddington CPZ (Zone T) (pdf, 2.3 MB)||T-OUT|
|New Teddington CPZ (Zone T1) (pdf, 2.9 MB)||T1-OUT|
|New Teddington CPZ (Zone T2) - The Cedars (pdf, 2.6 MB)||T2Cedars|
|New Teddington CPZ (Zone T3) (pdf, 3.7 MB)||T3-OUT|
What happens next
The consultation closed on Sunday 24 October 2021. All comments received are now being considered, and an analysis of the survey results is underway.
We will then prepare a decision report including recommendations. We will aim to complete this this by the end of the year/early 2022. We will write to all residents and businesses in the consultation area once a decision has been made and updates will be posted on the website.
Up to: Parking reviews
Updated: 27 October 2021