Use this form to apply online to hold a street party. You must complete your application at least six weeks before the street party is to be held. 

Before you start

Make sure you have read our guidance on holding a street party.

We want to ensure that people are happy with this event, so if there are any objections you should let us know. We may be able to help you resolve objections.

If you are planning a road closure you will also need to consult businesses in the wider area that may be affected.

King Charles III's Coronation

For street parties held throughout May 2023, we will waive all standard street closure fees to allow residents to close their streets to through-traffic and celebrate the Coronation with neighbours, friends and family.

Applications must be submitted by Sunday 2 April 2023.

Find out more about hosting a Coronation street party.


There is currently a charge of £70 for all street parties outside of 24 and 25 September 2022.

If you are formally closing your road, there must be very clear signs placed on display at the road closure points. Appropriate signs can be hired from most hire shops or from the Council at a charge of £15 per sign.

You will need

Before you start the form you will need the following:

  • The name of the road you are proposing to close and the dates and times of closure. Please note the maximum road closure is for 12 hours duration.
  • A brief list of properties affected.
  • A statement to say if most residents have agreed to this event or not.
  • If the road/s you wish to close are used by through traffic you will need to attach a traffic plan showing the exact extent of the closure and an alternative route for traffic.
  • If you are planning to close a road which is part of a bus route you will need to consult the bus company and attach a copy of their response.
  • If you are planning a road closure you will also need to consult any businesses in the wider area that may be affected. If you have you already consulted them you will need to attach a copy of your consultation invitation or notice and confirm the date it was sent.

What happens next

Once you have submitted your form and any attachments we will look at what you are proposing, will process your application for a road closure and will get back to you to let you know the outcome of your application.

Start my application

Short - this form shouldn’t take long to complete.

Updated: 24 February 2023

Stay up to date! Make sure you subscribe to our email updates.