Obstructions are objects which have been unlawfully placed on, or which overhang the highway.
Report an obstruction
What is an obstruction
There are many examples of an obstruction, which include but not limited to:
- Builders' skips – check if a skip is licensed before reporting
- Scaffolding or hoardings
- Builders materials
- Temporary works including traffic lights - check if temporary works are scheduled before reporting
- Overhanging tree branches, hedges
- Mud/debris on the road
- Mixing concrete or mortar on the highway
- Unauthorised vendors or traders
- Encroachment of highway boundaries *
- Discharge of water onto the highway
- Blocking "Rights of Way"
- Plants and bushes
- Illegal signs
*Encroachments are where ownership of areas of the highway has been unlawfully assumed.