Apply to hold a street party
Use this form to apply online to hold a street party. You must complete your application at least six weeks before the street party is to be held.
Before you start
Make sure you have read our guidance on holding a street party.
We want to ensure that people are happy with this event, so if there are any objections you should let us know. We may be able to help you resolve objections.
If you are planning a road closure you will also need to consult businesses in the wider area that may be affected.
Clean Air Day and Car Free Day
We do not charge any costs for Clean Air Day and Car Free Day street parties. Celebrating these days with your neighbours is a great way to bring the local community together, allow people to experience streets free of motor traffic, give children the space to play safely and reduce air pollution.
- Applications must be submitted by Wednesday 31 May 2023 for June 2023 events
- Applications must be submitted by Thursday 31 August 2023 for September 2023 events
There is currently a charge of £70 for all street parties outside of Clean Air Day and Car Free Day events in the months of June and September 2023.
If you are formally closing your road, there must be very clear signs placed on display at the road closure points. Appropriate signs can be hired from most hire shops or from the Council at a charge of £15 per sign.
You will need
Before you start the form you will need the following:
- The name of the road you are proposing to close and the dates and times of closure. Please note the maximum road closure is for 12 hours duration.
- A brief list of properties affected.
- A statement to say if most residents have agreed to this event or not.
- If the road/s you wish to close are used by through traffic you will need to attach a traffic plan showing the exact extent of the closure and an alternative route for traffic.
- If you are planning to close a road which is part of a bus route you will need to consult the bus company and attach a copy of their response.
- If you are planning a road closure you will also need to consult any businesses in the wider area that may be affected. If you have you already consulted them you will need to attach a copy of your consultation invitation or notice and confirm the date it was sent.
What happens next
Once you have submitted your form and any attachments we will look at what you are proposing, will process your application for a road closure and will get back to you to let you know the outcome of your application.
Short - this form shouldn’t take long to complete.
Up to: Street parties
Updated: 28 April 2023