My Account

Applying for a passport in your new name following a marriage or civil partnership

You may wish to apply for a passport in your new name prior to your ceremony. To find out how, please visit GOV.UK.

Completing the Change of Name form

The Change of Name form (PD2) must be completed and signed by the registrar/ vicar or priest who will conduct your ceremony, not the registrar who takes your notice.

The form can only be signed if Notice of your Marriage or Civil Partnership has been given, and a firm date has been arranged for your ceremony.


The form must be signed within three months of the date of the ceremony.

The form must be correctly completed including details of the passport office where the application will be delivered.

Submitting your form

You need to submit your form to the office in person with a passport or driving licence.

No appointment is required for this.


There is a fee for signing the form. The fee can be paid by card or cash.

If you have any other enquiries please contact us.

Updated: 20 April 2023

Stay up to date! Make sure you subscribe to our email updates.