Submission for independent Examination in Public 2017
Richmond’s Local Plan was submitted to the Secretary of State for independent Examination in Public by a Planning Inspector in 2017. This page contains the background to the Local Plan which was then adopted in July 2018.
On Friday 19 May 2017, the London Borough of Richmond submitted the Local Plan (Publication version), along with other publication and submission documents, evidence and supporting documents to the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government for independent Examination.
The Local Plan has gone through various stages of consultation. The most recent consultation from 4 January to 15 February 2017 was on the Local Plan (Publication version), which sought comments as to the “soundness” and legal compliance of the Plan.
Our submission to the Secretary of State includes all comments received during the Publication consultation, as well as copies of all the responses received from the earlier rounds of consultation.
Download the complete list of documents submitted to the Secretary of State (pdf, 180 KB), including hyperlinks to online versions of the documents.
A number of these documents, including key publication and submission documents, can also be downloaded directly from the list below.
Please note, some of these consultation documents are very large in size and may take some time to download.
- Local Plan (Publication version) (pdf, 19557KB)
- Proposals Map Changes (pdf, 3153KB)
- Sustainability Appraisal (pdf, 1.8 MB)
- Statement of Consultation - Part I (pdf, 8.9 MB) (January 2017, includes pre-publication and scoping consultation responses)
- Habitats Regulation Assessment (pdf, 2.3 MB)
- Equalities Impact Assessment (pdf, 519 KB)
- Health Impact Assessment (pdf, 502 KB)
- Policy Background Paper (pdf, 892 KB)
- Statement of Consultation – Part II (pdf, 234 KB) (May 2017, includes summary of main issues raised; due to their large size, appendices 2I and 2J have been made available separately)
- Appendix 2I (pdf, 3.5 MB) – Compilation of responses to the Publication Consultation (4 January to 15 February 2017)
- Appendix 2J (pdf, 104971KB) – Warning: Large file size - Compilation of appendices to the Publication responses including additional attachments (images, tables) from the Publication Consultation (4 January to 15 February 2017)
- Soundness Self-Assessment Checklist (pdf, 529 KB) (May 2017)
- Legal Compliance Checklist (pdf, 307 KB) (May 2017)
- Duty to Co-operate Statement (pdf, 227 KB) (May 2017)
- Monitoring Framework (pdf, 228 KB) (May 2017)
The following evidence documents were also submitted:
Contact the Local Plan team if you would like more information:
Telephone: 0208 891 1411
Updated: 24 August 2020