Scoping Consultation on the Local Plan
We held a preliminary public consultation on the scope for the review of existing policies for the Local Plan, together with draft site allocations.
The Local Plan was adopted in July 2018. We are now starting to prepare a new Local Plan for Richmond borough.
About the consultation
A preliminary public consultation on the rationale and scope for the review of the existing policies, together with the proposed sites to be allocated for development, took place between 4 January and 1 February 2016.
This was an additional stage of consultation, not required by legislation, which enabled us to get input as early as possible from interested parties, including Duty to Cooperate bodies, key stakeholders, national and local organisations, developers and landowners as well as the local community.
Further information on the purpose of the consultation can be found within the main consultation document.
The consultation has now closed but the documents can be downloaded below for reference.
- Consultation on the scope and rationale for review of planning policies(pdf, 8200KB) (December 2015)
- Appendix 1: Detailed review of existing policies(pdf, 791KB) (December 2015) – note that this document is set up to be printed in A3.
- Draft Sustainability Appraisal Scoping Report(pdf, 5741KB) (December 2015)
- All responses received on the Local Plan Review scoping consultation(pdf, 5165KB)
- Summary of all responses received to the Local Plan Review scoping consultation, including officers’ comments(pdf, 1275KB)
What happens next
For details on next steps view our proposed timetable for reviewing and preparing the Local Plan.
Updated: 15 July 2020