Use of your information
Under the General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018, the London Borough of Richmond upon Thames is the controller of your personal information.
The Council respects your privacy rights and is committed to ensuring that it protects your details and the information about your dealings with the Council. The personal information that you provide to process your application will only be used by the Council to:
- Process and administer your parking arrangements with the Council
- Process Penalty Charge Notices and collect debt in relation to those Notices
- Prevent and detect fraud in relation to parking permits and/or accounts
- Conduct surveys and research relating to parking permits/accounts and controlled parking zones
The Council may share your information with other organisations (but only the minimum amount of information necessary to do the above and only where it is lawful to do so), specifically:
- Third parties for Penalty Charge Notice appeals and enforcement, i.e. London Tribunals, the Traffic Enforcement Centre, enforcement agencies, European collection agencies
- The police or security organisations to prevent or detect crime
- Other departments within the Council (including elected members), other local authorities, central Government departments (e.g. TfL, London Councils), statutory and judicial bodies
- Authorised contractors (i.e. software suppliers and payment processing agents)
Application data and proofs will be stored for a period of six years from the expiry or cancellation of the latest issued/renewed parking permit.
In relation to the personal data which we may hold about you, you have the right to request to be informed, have access to, or rectify incorrect information. You also have the right to object to or restrict our processing of your data. Under Data Protection law we must verify your identity and explain to you our reasons if we do not agree to carry out your request.
Up to: Parking permits
Updated: 20 July 2021