Buying your rented property

Social housing tenants can buy a share of their housing association home and pay rent on the rest of it. We call this Social HomeBuy.

How it works

To find out how Social Homebuy works visit GOV.UK.

Social HomeBuy is not a statutory scheme and not all landlords (or housing associations) offer it.

You will need to contact your housing association for more information and to apply.

Updated: 22 January 2016