Single Point of Access support for professionals
AfC website downtime
Children's services in Richmond are delivered by Achieving for Children (AfC). Some links in this section go to the AfCinfo website. This will be down for scheduled maintenance from Monday 27 September until Monday 4 October. During this time you will be redirected to a page with contact details for AfC teams and links to frequently used forms.
Please contact the Single Point of Access if you have any concerns about a child or young person.
Call 020 8547 5008, or complete the secure online referral form.
When to contact the Single Point of Access
The Single Point of Access is a multi-agency service managing referrals for the boroughs of Kingston and Richmond.
You should contact the Single Point of Access if you have concerns about:
- A child’s development
- Family issues that are affecting a child or young person
- A child or young person who you suspect is being neglected or subject to physical, sexual or emotional abuse
- How to support a family you are already working with, and need advice or information
Please bear in mind that:
- It is important that you discuss with the child or young person and/or parent/carer your concerns and that you intend to contact the Single Point of Access.
- All children and young people should be encouraged to share their concerns or worries with their parent/carer where it is safe to do so. However, some young people may be reluctant to share their worries with their parent/carers.
In some circumstances it may not be safe or appropriate to discuss your concerns with the parent or carer if you feel this will endanger or cause harm to the child/young person. Please contact us for advice.
Advice on services
We can offer you advice and information on services in the local area or you can make a referral to the following services via the Single Point of Access:
- Early Help services
- Child and Adolescent Mental Health services
- Substance Misuse Treatment services
- Social Care services
The SPA and its referral form are covered by the Achieving for Children privacy notice.
Up to: Single Point of Access
Updated: 21 September 2021