Induction and continuing professional development
The first few weeks or months in post will be crucial to ensuring your success as a teacher, and to maintaining the ongoing success of your school. In Richmond upon Thames we are committed to giving you the best opportunity to maximise your potential, whatever stage of your career you are at.
Induction and career development
- Time off each week for newly qualified teachers to attend a centrally provided induction programme
- A mentor programme for all newly qualified teachers
- Strong programme of school-based professional development
- Professional and personal development centrally run
- For qualified teachers there are middle-management courses and access to national qualifications for headteachers and deputies
For further information on professional development opportunities, please visit the training pages.
Up to: Teacher recruitment
Updated: 23 September 2020