School Health Service
AfC website downtime
Children's services in Richmond are delivered by Achieving for Children (AfC). Some links in this section go to the AfCinfo website. This will be down for scheduled maintenance from Monday 27 September until Monday 4 October. During this time you will be redirected to a page with contact details for AfC teams and links to frequently used forms.
This School Health Service provides specialist nursing advice and support to children, young people and their families.
The service is delivered by Central London Community Healthcare NHS Trust (CLCH).
On this page
The School Health Service helps children and young people to develop the skills they need to manage the challenges they face in school, at home, in their personal lives or online.
The service focuses on:
- Supporting children at risk
- Supporting those experiencing emotional difficulties or mental health problems
- Weight management and obesity prevention (includes the National Child Measurement Programme)
- Building strong, supportive relationships with local schools
- Close working with GPs and other health services, the Council, Achieving for Children and the voluntary sector
Healthy Child Programme
The School Health Service also delivers the Healthy Child Programme, which focuses on:
- Safeguarding for children and young people
- Promoting the service to children, young people and their families
- Health assessments for children and young people at key transitional stages
- Working to reduce ‘risky’ behaviours (including alcohol and drug use) and improve sexual health and relationship education
- Developing a core personal, social, health education programme for schools
- Supporting children with long-term conditions
Visit Health Matters to get:
- Your questions answered by a school nurse
- Other health and wellbeing advice
- Information and support for young people
- Information for parents, carers and teachers
To find out more contact Richmond School Health Service by:
Telephone: 07984 573 620
Richmond School Health Service
13 The Causeway
Up to: Schools
Updated: 23 September 2020