Adoption services for residents of the London Borough of Richmond are now delivered by Adopt London South, a regionalised adoption agency formed in 2020 as part of the government’s plans to improve adoption services for children and families. Adopt London South represents the London Boroughs of Sutton, Merton, Kingston, Richmond, Croydon, Wandsworth, Lewisham, Lambeth, Southwark, and Greenwich.
Adopt London South
Adopt London South offers a specialist adoption service for prospective adopters, families affected by adoption and those wishing to learn more about their adoption history now that they are an adult.
If you are:
- Thinking about adopting, email adoptionALS@southwark.gov.uk and they will send you information about the children waiting for adoption, the adoption process and information about events to get you started. Or phone 020 7525 1746
- An adopted adult and would like support with accessing your records email adoptedadultsALS@southwark.gov.uk or phone 020 7525 4491
- A birth relative and would like support with contact or letterbox email Letterbox_enquiriesALS@southwark.gov.uk or phone 020 7525 1376
- An approved adoptive family living in Richmond or an adopter from another part of the country who adopted a Richmond child and need support, email postadoptionsupportALS@southwark.gov.uk or phone 020 752 4491
- A social work professional, email enquiriesALS@southwark.gov.uk
Up to: Children's services
Updated: 26 April 2022