Find out about vacant Council-owned commercial premises.
Need flexible work space?
Check out our low-cost co-working space in Richmond town centre, with fast Wi-Fi, printing facilities and lockers.
Looking for commercial property and want to know what to look out for? See the following helpful guidance notes:
- Commercial Property Use Classes
- Guide To Making An Offer
- Guide To Buying Commercial Property
- Minimum Energy Efficiency Standards (MEES)
If you are considering taking on business premises, first check out this excellent guide from Start Up Donut. It will help guide you through the main considerations including location, cost and legal aspects.
We've also brought together some very useful online search tools to help you find the premises you need. Whether that is temporary 'pop-up' space or something longer-term:
- FlexiOffices - specialising in providing serviced offices ranging from value to professional or prestigious
- Free Office Finder Ltd. - offer a free office search service and market all types of office space (specialising in startup and small-business friendly serviced, flexible and co-working spaces)
- Londonofficespace.com - a simple, map-driven system to search for serviced offices
- Movehut.co.uk - a location based search, for those renting, buying, auctioning or investing in commercial property
- Offices.org.uk - a regularly updated directory of flexible serviced offices and co-working desk space
- Parkshot House - located opposite Richmond station. Offer flexible offices for start up and established businesses.
- Primefind.net - providing choice of flexible office solutions, ranging from virtual services, to long and short term fluid options
- Showcase.co.uk - a search engine for business professionals and investors looking for their next commercial property to lease or buy
Temporary and pop-up space
- WeArePopUp.com - an online service to list, discover and book pop-up spaces
- AppearHere.co.uk - rent shops, markets and spaces including temporary retail units
These are commercial online search sites and business services that are not provided or endorsed by us. Your use of these sites and services is at your own discretion and judgment, and is subject to their terms and conditions. Other providers and similar web sites are available.
Local traders organisations
Each town and local centre in the borough has an active business or traders network, which may be a useful point of contact if you are looking at a specific area.
You can find out more about these organisations and their contact details on our local town and traders organisations page.
If you need advice on how to get the right commercial lease for your business, then visit the London Growth Hub website.
You can also benefit from a one to one mentoring session with a local expert.
Property expert one-to-one sessions
These two-hour sessions with property experts are for people If you are negotiating or renegotiating a commercial lease or are currently searching for premises. They will help you Navigate the lease process, tailored to your business.
You will benefit from expert guidance, learn how to avoid the common pitfalls, and if you have an existing contract or a draft lease get a point of view of what you should look out for.
Places are limited. Once you have been offered a place, you will arrange a mutual convenient meeting date with a property expert.
Local commercial agents are often a useful starting point as they have good local and market knowledge.
|Agent||Areas served||Services provided|
Tel: 020 8546 2166
Borough wide and the surrounding areas
|Commercial property specialists|
9 Broad Street
|Commercial property or professional surveying services anywhere|
Andrew Weeks, Commercial Director
34-38 Hill Rise
|Richmond, Sheen, Twickenham, Barnes, Teddington and Kew||Letting and sales of commercial units within the borough. Mixed used development schemes and marketing reports and appraisals.|
Michael P Martin, Managing Director
4 Vicarage Rd
|Richmond, Teddington, Twickenham, Hounslow, Hampton and Whitton||
Marketing of shops for sale and to let, offices and light-industrial units, commercial freehold sales, lease assignment, rent-reviews, business and lease reassignments and commercial valuations. Full development consultancy.
Matthew Walters MSc MRICS,
Middlesex, Surrey and SW London including Teddington, Twickenham, Hampton, Kingston, Surbiton, Richmond, Kew, Isleworth, Hounslow
Commercial Sales and Lettings, Property Valuation, Rent Reviews, Lease Renewals, Property Management
Niall Christian BSc MRICS
|Based in Richmond; borough-wide service||
All aspects of commercial property including offices, industrial and retail.
Including disposals, acquisition, rent reviews, valuations and general property advice.
Dominique Arthur, Principal
TOPS – THE OFFICE PROVIDERS
Tel: +44 (0) 203 051 2375
Mob: +44 (0) 7795 970 724
Borough-wide and global
|Office and workspace providers|
|BANCO SURVEYORS LIMITED
Suite 19, Neals Corner
2 Bath Road, Hounslow, TW3 3HJ
Telephone: 020 3981 6600
Borough wide and surrounding areas
Residential and commercial valuations, lease extensions and enfranchisement, dilapidation, party wall surveys, rent reviews and lease renewals plus commercial agency
For information about vacant Council-owned commercial premises, contact our retained property contractor, GVA Grimley:
65 Gresham Street
Telephone: 020 7911 2536
Up to: Property and sites
Updated: 25 June 2021