About the Arts service
Our mission is to build community through creativity.
We foster creativity and enjoyment of the arts, enable people to reflect on their lives and develop new ways of seeing the world. We bring thought-provoking art to the borough and cultivate a network of individuals, organisations and programmes that nourishes the arts, local organisations and communities.
What we do
We work to integrate arts development and engagement into the delivery of Council priorities. This means that we:
- Advocate for the importance of arts and culture in place-making, active citizenship and wellbeing
- Are experimental, helping to explore, test and evaluate new ways of using the arts to develop a fairer, greener and safer borough for everyone
- Develop and facilitate a programme of arts events, festivals and exhibitions for residents and visitors across Richmond and online including Richmond Lit Fest
- Programme the borough's main visual arts venue, Orleans House Gallery
- Oversee the borough's public art strategy
As well as an extensive school programme the team also deliver targeted work aimed at supporting access to the arts, employability, health and wellbeing.
We deliver an artist development programme, fostering the conditions and networks needed by artists to explore and develop their practice and make it sustainable.
The service actively develops the Richmond Borough Art Collection and historic sites, integrating these important assets and the stories they reveal into the wider creative and conservation programmes.
We have a duty of care to safeguard all children and young people who attend the Orleans House Gallery building and grounds and who take part in any projects, events, activities, or workshops we produce both on and off-site.
Keep up to date
Orleans House Gallery
Join the Orleans House Gallery mailing list to find out about new events and activities.
Richmond Lit Fest
Join the Richmond Lit Fest mailing list for the latest updates on our 2021 festival.
Up to: Arts
Updated: 09 June 2021