Submit a community news story
If your organisation has some news or an event you'd like to share with residents on the community news pages, via our social media accounts or in the weekly community e-newsletter, tell us about it here.
You will need
- An image or photograph to illustrate your story, if possible. Make sure you have permission to use it.
- A website URL where further information can be found.
Images must be:
- High resolution
- Without text - we cannot use images of posters
Before you start
- You do not use bullet points within the text
- Any images or photographs you submit are high resolution
If your story promotes an event, this may be published on the Visit Richmond events page. Please do not submit events more than 4 weeks in advance.
You can upload a maximum of 5 events. If an event is repeated over several dates or is not suitable for the Visit Richmond events page we may include it as a story rather than event listings.
If you would prefer to upload your event directly, you can submit your event on the Visit Richmond website.
All material submitted must:
- Adhere to the Council’s Equality and Diversity policy, and must not infringe anti-discrimination legislation
- Not constitute political advertising
- Be of a non-commercial nature (except for events or advertising sponsored by the Council or its approved agencies)
- Not directly promote a religious cause - speakers or sales of work in religious venues should be considered as community events
- Not be likely to cause offence to public taste and decency.
What happens next
We will review your submission. Inclusion of any story is at our discretion and copy may be edited before publication. Stories will be considered for:
Medium - This form usually takes a few minutes to compete
Up to: News
Updated: 18 May 2023