School Streets privacy notice
How School Streets uses and shares your data.
This departmental privacy notice should be read in conjunction with the Council's corporate privacy notice.
Using your data
Reasons for using your data:
- Process and administer your exemption permit arrangements with the Council
- Process Penalty Charge Notices and collect debt in relation to those Notices
- Prevent and detect fraud in relation to exemption permits
- Conduct research relating to exemption permits and School Streets
- Contact applicants to confirm information or deliver future updates
Why we are allowed to use your data
Legal obligation or public task under various UK laws including but not limited to:
- Traffic Management Act 2004
- London Local Authorities Act (1996) as amended by the 2000 Act
- London Local Authorities and Transport for London Act 2003
- Greater London Authority Act 1999
- Transport Act 2000 (as modified by the Concessionary Bus Travel Act 2007)
- Greater London General Provisions Act 1970
- Road Traffic Offenders Act 1988
- Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984
- London Local Authorities and Transport for London Act 2008
- Chronically Sick and Disabled Persons Act 1970
- Disabled Person’s (Badges for Motor Vehicles) (England) Regulations 2000
- Freedom of Information Act 2000
- General Data Protection Regulation 2018
Obtaining and sharing your data with others
We collect your personal data from you, or from others (e.g. Council staff in other departments or external organisations or individuals) who inform us of matters relevant to this service area.
We can share your data with other organisations (but only the minimum amount of information necessary to do the above and only where it is lawful to do so), specifically:
- Third parties for Penalty Charge Notice appeals and enforcement, i.e. London Tribunals, the Traffic Enforcement Centre, enforcement agencies, European collection agencies
- The police or security organisations to prevent or detect crime
- Other departments within the Council (including elected members and shared services), other local authorities, central Government departments (e.g. TfL, London Councils), statutory and judicial bodies
- Authorised contractors (i.e. software suppliers and payment processing agents)
Using your data to make automated decisions
We do not use your data to make automated decisions.
Data sent to countries outside of the EEA
Generally, the Council will not process your personal data outside of the UK or the EEA. In exceptions where we do, we will ensure equivalent data protection controls are in place.
To see what data is collected and how to exercise your rights to your data, please read our corporate privacy notice.
Up to: Departmental privacy notices
Updated: 20 November 2023