Equality and diversity governance
We have both internal and external governance structures in place to help develop, review, implement and mainstream our equality and diversity work.
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Forum – This Forum is chaired by the Chief Executive and looks at equality and diversity in relation to employment. It was launched in October 2016 and has membership from staff support groups, officers from across all Directorates and Human Resources.
- Directorate Equality Groups – In late 2016 we re-launched our approach to equalities in our Directorates. Each Directorate now has an Equality Group which is chaired by an Assistant Director and is attended by senior officers from across the Directorate and a Member of the Policy and Review Team. These Groups review EINAs and identify areas for action in relation to equality within each Directorate and track this work through. Six monthly updates on the work of these groups are reported to the Chief Executive
Partnerships and forums
- Equality Stakeholders Scrutiny Group
- Inter Faith Forum
- LGBT Forum (independent group)
- Youth Forum (independent group)
- Domestic Abuse Operations Group (DAOG)
- “Stop Hate in Richmond” (Hate crime forum)
Up to: Equality and diversity
Updated: 02 November 2020