Statements of Accounts and related publications
Our annual accounts are published in line with statutory requirements that control how and when they are prepared, audited, approved and published.
The financial year ends on 31 March each year and the accounts are completed in June before they are audited. The audited accounts are published by the end of July.
Current Statement of Accounts
Previous Statements of Accounts
Pension Fund Annual Report
Each year we set detailed revenue and capital budgets.
The revenue budgets include income and expenditure relating to the day to day running of the Council.
The capital budgets include income and expenditure that will yield benefit to the Council over a period of more than a year (e.g. roads, buildings).
Current budget book
Previous budget books
- Budget Book 2017/2018 (pdf, 2.4 MB)
- Budget Book 2016/2017(pdf, 1875KB)
- Budget Book 2015/2016(pdf, 1833KB)
- Budget Book 2014/2015(pdf, 1299KB)
- Budget Book 2013/2014(pdf, 1531KB)
- Budget Book 2012/2013(pdf, 1448KB)
- Budget Book 2011/2012(pdf, 3491KB)
- Budget Book 2010/2011(pdf, 2514KB)
- Budget Book 2009/2010(pdf, 5400KB)
- Budget Book 2008/2009(pdf, 5864KB)
- Budget Book 2007/2008(pdf, 1398KB)
We manage the Council’s cash to ensure that:
- No cash is lost through poor investments
- Investments are timed to prevent the need for short term borrowing
- Borrowing is planned and taken at the best time
- Informed decisions are taken to ensure the most efficient use of cash over the medium term
Priorities when investing money
When deciding how to invest money, we consider:
- The security of the investment
- The need for liquidity (to have money available when it’s needed e.g. when a big bill is expected)
- The return on the investment
The return on investment is only considered once the first two conditions have been satisfied.
Recent information on Richmond’s treasury management has been reported to Cabinet as follows:
- September 2013 Treasury Management Annual Report 2012/13 (item 463 on the agenda), giving a summary of Treasury Management activity and performance for the prior year.
- February 2013 Treasury Management Policy and Strategy for 2014/15 (item 12 on the agenda), setting the objectives and controls for Treasury Management for the coming year.
The Council’s VAT number is GB 222 8069 76.
The Accountancy team is available to answer queries about the Council’s accounts and finances between 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday.
The Accountancy Department
London Borough of Richmond upon Thames
The Town Hall, Room 111
Wandsworth High Street
Phone: 020 8891 7200