I need help paying my Council Tax

There are several council and community schemes that could help if you are struggling to pay your Council Tax.

Please remember, if you are unable to work as a result of testing positive for Coronavirus, or have been told to self-isolate by the NHS, you might be eligible for a one-off £500 payment.

Council Tax discounts and exemptions

You may be eligible for a reduction in your Council Tax in certain circumstances.

Council Tax Reduction scheme

This is available for households on low income to assist with their Council Tax.

Citizens Advice Richmond

There is extensive advice and support on benefits, debt management, employment, housing etc.  

South West London Law Centres

They offer free and independent legal advice on social welfare issues including housing, debt, immigration and employment.

Crosslight Advice

Can provide specialist, holistic advice for those struggling with debt or money issues.

Updated: 09 December 2020