My Account

There are several council and community schemes that can help if you are struggling to pay your bills.

Please remember, if you are unable to work as a result of testing positive for Coronavirus, or have been told to self-isolate by the NHS, you might be eligible for a one-off £500 payment.

COVID-19 Hardship Fund

This is a temporary fund, made available by us, to assist households with children who have been affected by the COVID-19 situation, have had their normal income disrupted and have had to claim Universal Credit. The fund can help households by providing support with groceries in the form of supermarket vouchers.

Heating grants

If you are struggling to heat your home, there are grants and discounts available – including the Coldbusters Grant.

Housing grants

This is financial help and support to help those eligible to adapt their home.

Richmond Parish Lands Charity

Can provide grants to residents in TW9, TW10, SW13 & SW14. 

The Barnes Fund

Support with utility bills, such as gas, water or electricity. Must be in the Barnes Fund catchment area and must have a referral from an agency e.g. Richmond AID.

The Hampton Fund

Can help with fuel grants and essential household items. You must also live in their area of benefit - Hampton, Hampton Hill, Hampton Wick, Teddington, Twickenham and Whitton.

Richmond AID

They provide support for disabled people, people with long term health conditions and carers. They can provide advice and support on issues including housing, social care, mobility, transport, education and training. They can also provide support on benefits and form filling, general money advice – including debt. 

Age UK Richmond

They provide specialist welfare benefits and financial support service for older people- advising them on the types of benefits and grants available to them, support to fill out the applications and making applications on their behalf if necessary. Follow through to award to ensure best chance of success. Home visits offered, if needed.

Citizens Advice Richmond

Provide specialist advice on a range of issues such as claiming benefits, employment issues, housing, immigration, debt, tax, advice for EU citizens etc. Offer hardship grants on behalf of other local funders and food vouchers.

Crosslight Advice

Can provide specialist, holistic advice for those struggling with debt or money issues.

Updated: 14 April 2021