Lost, stolen, or damaged (travel cards)
How to replace a lost, stolen or damaged Blue Badge, Freedom Pass or London Taxicard.
If you have not received one of these items in the post let us know.
Replacement Blue Badge requests are dealt with as a priority. You should receive your replacement Blue Badge in 7 to 10 working days, if your request is complete and valid.
To get a replacement Blue Badge you need to send us the following:
- A completed Replacement Blue Badge Form(pdf, 149KB).
- If it has been stolen, you will need to enter a Crime Reference Number* on the form.
- If the Blue Badge has been damaged, you must return the damaged Blue Badge along with the form.
- One passport-style photograph (unless your badge was in the new style with a digital image).
- A proof of address, dated within the last 3 months (only send in copies not original documents).**
- £10 fee, payable by cheque or postal order made payable to ‘LBRUT’ (if you wish to pay by card, write this on the form and we will contact you to take payment over the phone).
*This number can be obtained by contacting your local police on 101. You should also report this to us immediately by calling 020 8831 6096.
**Read our application checklist to see what proofs of address we accept.
Finding your Badge
If you find your badge after applying for a replacement, you must let us know immediately by calling 020 8831 6096.
If you need to renew your Blue Badge because it is due to expire, call us on 020 8831 6096. This should be done 5 to 6 weeks before the expiry date.
If your Freedom Pass has been lost, stolen or damaged you will need to contact the Freedom Pass Helpline on 0300 330 1433 (Monday to Sunday, 8am to 8pm).
You will need to pay a £12 replacement fee (where necessary) and your replacement Pass should arrive within 5-10 working days after payment is made (subject to the necessary document approval).
The Supported Travel Team is not able to replace lost, stolen or damaged Freedom Passes.
If you later find a pass you had previously lost, it will no longer work and will need to be returned to:
FREEDOM PASS RETURNS (No stamp required).
- You are not allowed to hold more than one Freedom Pass at any one time.
- Only use the most recently obtained pass and return any others.
If your London Taxicard has been lost, stolen or damaged you will need to contact the Taxicard Helpline:
Phone: 020 7934 9791 (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm)
Where necessary, a £10 replacement fee will need to be paid. Your replacement Taxicard should arrive within 5-10 working days after payment is made, subject to the necessary document approval.
The Supported Travel Team is not able to replace lost, stolen or damaged Taxicards
Your replacement Taxicard will have a new membership number. If you later find the Taxicard that you had previously lost, it will no longer work.
Updated: 30 September 2020