Before you start
Ensure you have read about the appointment process and terms and conditions before you start your application.
You cannot book online if:
- You have already attended an NCS appointment, but were required to make a second appointment to enable the application to be completed. You will need to make this appointment by telephone on 020 8891 7188 or in person at The Register Office.
- You are not applying on Form AN / MNI. Please telephone 020 8891 7188 to make an appointment.
- You have submitted an online application; the Nationality Checking Service is for paper applications only.
The NCS cost
The fee for this service is in addition to the application fee that is paid to UK Visas and Immigration, and must be paid at the time the appointment is booked.
This fee is non refundable.
You will need
- The details of each person attending the appointment.
- Your availability for the appointment.
- A credit or debit card for payment.
What happens next
- You will receive a confirmation email with your appointment details.
- Please make sure you arrive on time for the start of your appointment. If you are late, it will not be possible to see you, and you will need to book a new appointment and pay the appointment fee.
- If you wish to move your appointment please contact us on 020 8891 7188, but you must give at least 3 full working days notice. An appointment can only be moved once.
- Please note that each adult applicant must attend the appointment. Children under 18 need not attend.
Book an NCS appointment