Following the designation of new conservation areas in February 2019, the Council is required to prepare a Conservation Area Appraisal and Management Plan for the preservation and enhancement of each area and invite public comment.
We are currently consulting on the following Character Appraisal and Management Plan for each Conservation Area below:
- Bushy Park Gardens, Fulwell and Hampton Hill (pdf, 4.1 MB)
- Cowley Road, Mortlake and Barnes Common (pdf, 4.0 MB)
- King Edwards Grove, Hampton Wick (pdf, 4.0 MB)
- Royal Road, Fulwell and Hampton Hill (pdf, 4.4 MB)
- St. James's Avenue, Fulwell and Hampton Hill (pdf, 4.0 MB)
- Wick Road, Hampton Wick (pdf, 4.4 MB)
- Broad Street, Teddington (pdf, 4.3 MB)
- Church Road, Teddington (pdf, 4.8 MB)
Living in a conservation area means:
- Reduced permitted development rights meaning that planning permission may be required in some circumstances
- Greater control over demolition if a building is over 115m cubed
- Controls over tree removal
- The need for better quality materials and design to be utilised to preserve the significant character and appearance of the conservation area
- Restrictions on outdoor advertisements
For further information about Character Appraisals visit the Historic England website.
Have your say
Please read the consultation document which is relevant to your conservation area and give us your views using the online survey.