Draft Conservation Area Appraisals and Management Plans
We are currently undertaking a borough-wide programme of reviewing existing Conservation Area Appraisals to ensure they are reflective of their current character and appearance.
We are conducting a public consultation on updated Conservation Area Appraisals and Management Plans. The following conservation areas are subject to a public consultation from Monday 18 September to Friday 27 October 2023:
The draft web-based documents can be accessed by clicking on the relevant Conservation Area above. In addition, a reference copy of the consultation document is also available to view at the Civic Centre, Castelnau Library, and Kew Library.
Proposed boundary changes
As part of the review of Barnes Green Conservation Area, several boundary changes are proposed as follows:
- The inclusion of nos. 30 & 32 Grange Road in the Conservation Area
- The adjustment of the boundary around Foundry Mews
- The removal of nos.4 & 6 Brookwood Road, no.5 Ellison Road, and nos.6 & 8 Queen Elizabeth Walk from the Conservation Area
As part of the review of Kew Green Conservation Area, several boundary changes are proposed as follows:
- The inclusion of Gloucester Court in the Conservation Area
- The adjustment of the boundary to include the rear gardens of no.336 Kew Road, and the rear gardens of nos.78 – 82 Forest Road
- The removal of nos.1 – 24 Mortlake Road and no.1 Forest Road from the Conservation Area
Have your say
We are seeking comments on these draft documents as part of a public consultation from Monday 18 September to Friday 27 October 2023.
Once you have reviewed the consultation document, please submit your views using the online survey below by Friday 27 October 2023.
You can also respond by:
- Email: email@example.com
- Post: Conservation and Urban Design, LB Richmond upon Thames, Civic Centre, 44 York Street, Twickenham, TW1 3BZ
If emailing your comments, please make sure you include the name of the Conservation Area you are commenting on in the subject line of the email.
Drop in sessions
Community engagement is an integral part of the process of developing Conservation Area Appraisals and Management Plans. We are holding two drop-in sessions, one for each Conservation Area.
- Date: Wednesday 4 October
- Time: 6 to 8pm
- Location: St Anne’s Parish Hall, Kew Green, Kew, TW9 3AA
- Date: Wednesday 11 October
- Time: 6 to 8pm
- Location: St Michael’s Church Hall, Elm Bank Gardens, Barnes, SW13 0NX
Up to: Conservation areas
Updated: 29 September 2023