Join the Housing Register
You must complete this online form to apply for rented social housing and shared ownership.
Before you start
This form is for new applications and existing applicants who have been asked to re-register their interest in staying on the Richmond housing register.
If you are homeless or you are at risk of becoming homeless, you should contact us by phoning 0208 8917 409 to discuss your options.
If you have already applied and moved address (not for applicants on the homeless queue), please complete this form.
Do not submit this form, if you want to tell us about other changes to your circumstances.
You will need
Before you start the form you will need the following:
- Information about your immigration status
- Names and dates of birth for everyone on the application
- National Insurance numbers for everyone on the application over 16 years old
- Details of all the places you have lived in the past 5 years
- address, with postcode (find your postcode)
- move in date
- move out date
- type of tenure (e.g. private rented, council property)
- Details of any homes you have owned or have any interest in
- Information about any mortgages you have or have previously had
- Total income and savings of everyone on your application, including:
- earnings from employment
- welfare benefits received
- total savings and investments held
You will not be able to complete some parts of the form without this information.
What happens next
We will write to you with a reference number and our assessment of your application under the scheme.
We will confirm your assessed priority (including the band into which your application has been placed, if applicable), the size of the property you will be considered for and the access queue into which your application has been placed.
We receive a high volume of applications, which we process in date order. Please do not contact us about the progress of your application, as this may cause a delay in our processing time.
You must keep a note of your reference number.
Checking your application is honest
If you give us any false information or withhold information we may consider your application to be fraudulent.
We also check to see if household savings/capital have been deliberately reduced in order to apply for social housing.
If your application is fraudulent we will close your case and refer the details to Legal Services to consider prosecution against you.
The Council respects your privacy rights and is committed to ensuring that it protects your details, the information about your dealings with the Council and other information about you available to the Council (“your information”).
The information you give us when completing this form will be used strictly in accordance with our personal information policy.
Long - This form may take a while to complete. Give yourself enough time. You can save as you go.
Up to: Apply for social housing
Updated: 29 September 2021