Instructions for naming and numbering of buildings once allocated
The number, or name (if the property is not numbered), or number and name of any building in a street, shall be marked as follows:
- On the building, the entrance gate, boundary wall or fence immediately adjacent to the gate or entrance to the building, or in such other position as to be clearly visible from the street in which the building is situated;
- with numerals or lettering of a colour which contrasts with the background against which they are displayed;
- with numerals or letters of sufficient size to render them clearly visible from the street in which the building is situated (the minimum size of numerals shall be 63mm in height);
- not more than 2.4m and not less than 750mm above the level of the adjacent ground;
- with numerals that are Arabic in character (where the address contains a street number); and
- in durable and non-absorbent materials (which may include paint).
Please contact Garry Whitby on 020 8891 7023 who will be able to assist you to arrange the creation and erection of nameplates.