Apply for an exemption for a property lived in only by people under 18
A home is exempt from Council Tax if the property is only lived in by people under the age of 18.
About the exemption
The property will be exempt as long as the circumstances remain the same.
You must tell us about any changes that affect the exemption, for example if the property is sold, or someone in the household turns 18.
You will need
- Your Council Tax account number
- Proof that the person is entitled to one or more of the benefits listed, such as a copy of a letter from the Benefits Agency giving the first day of entitlement
- Evidence of whether power of attorney is held
Before you start
This form is for new applications only.
Do not complete this form if you:
- Already receive this discount - please reapply when you receive a review letter
- Want to tell us about a change to your circumstances
Your personal information provided on this form will be used in accordance with the Council’s Personal Information Policy.
What happens next
We will either reduce the bill or let you know why we have not been able to do so.
If we need more information we will contact you.
Medium - This form usually takes a few minutes to complete
Up to: Council Tax exemptions
Updated: 15 July 2020