Apply for a discount for people over 18 for whom child benefit is still paid

You may qualify for a Council Tax discount if you receive child benefit for someone in your household over the age of 18.

You will need

  • Your Council Tax account number
  • Proof of Child benefit such as a copy of the payment book or letter from HM Revenues and Customs Child Benefits Office.

Before you start

This form is for new applications only.

Do not complete this form if you:

Your personal information provided on this form will be used in accordance with the Council’s Personal Information Policy.  

What happens next

We will either reduce the bill or let you know why we have not been able to do so.

If we need more information we will contact you.

Start my application

Medium - This form usually takes a few minutes to complete

Updated: 22 November 2017