Apply for a non-British spouse or dependant of a student discount
You may qualify for a Council Tax discount if a spouse or dependant of a student lives in your home who is:
- not a British citizen, and
- cannot work for money or claim benefits by the terms of their entry into this country.
You will need
- Your Council Tax account number
- Proof of the terms under which the spouse or dependant was allowed to enter this country, e.g. a letter from the Home Office including the relevant reference numbers as we may need to undertake a check
Before you start
This form is for new applications only.
Do not complete this form if you:
- Already receive this discount - please reapply when you receive a review letter
- Want to tell us about a change to your circumstances
Your personal information provided on this form will be used in accordance with the Council’s Personal Information Policy.
What happens next
We will either reduce the bill or let you know why we have not been able to do so.
If we need more information we will contact you.
Medium - This form usually takes a few minutes to complete
Up to: Council Tax discounts
Updated: 15 July 2020