Apply for a visiting forces and dependants discount
You may qualify for a Council Tax discount if someone in your household is:
- A member of a qualifying visiting force, or of that force’s civilian component
- A dependant of a member, as long as the dependant is not a British Citizen or normally lives in the UK.
If the property is occupied only by members of visiting forces or their dependants, there may be no Council Tax to pay. In this case, please apply for a visiting forces and dependants exemption.
You will need
- Your Council Tax account number
- Letter or documents confirming the person’s status as a member of a visiting force
Before you start
This form is for new applications only.
Do not complete this form if you:
- Already receive this discount - please reapply when you receive a review letter
- Want to tell us about a change to your circumstances
Your personal information provided on this form will be used in accordance with the Council’s Personal Information Policy.
What happens next
We will either reduce the bill or let you know why we have not been able to do so.
If we need more information we will contact you.
Medium - This form usually takes a few minutes to complete
Up to: Council Tax discounts
Updated: 15 July 2020