Apply for an apprentice discount
You may qualify for a Council Tax discount if an apprentice lives in your home who is:
- employed to learn a trade, business, profession, office employment or vocation; and
- undertaking a programme of training leading to an accredited qualification listed in the Register of Regulated Qualifications; and
- employed at a salary or receiving an allowance which is much less than it would be for a person with the qualification and no more than £195 (gross) per week.
You will need
- Your Council Tax account number
- Four of the apprentice's recent wage slips. These will be returned to you within 14 days of receipt.
A letter from employer confirming:
- Name of apprentice
- Course name
- Employer’s name and address
- Current salary
- Date training starts and ends
Before you start
This form is for new applications only.
Do not complete this form if you:
- Already receive this discount - please reapply when you receive a review letter
- Want to tell us about a change to your circumstances
Your personal information provided on this form will be used in accordance with the Council’s Personal Information Policy.
What happens next
We will either reduce the bill or let you know why we have not been able to do so.
If we need more information we will contact you.
Medium - This form usually takes a few minutes to complete
Up to: Council Tax discounts
Updated: 15 July 2020