Apply for a youth training trainee discount
You may qualify for a Council Tax discount if a youth training trainee lives in your home who is:
- under 25 years old, and
- receiving training which is approved for Social Security Benefit purposes or is in accordance with arrangements made under the Employment and Training Act.
You will need
- Your Council Tax account number
- A letter from the trainee’s employer confirming the following:
- Trainee’s name
- Trainee’s date of birth
- Training scheme
- Employer’s name and address
- Start and end date of training scheme
Before you start
This form is for new applications only.
Do not complete this form if you:
- Already receive this discount - please reapply when you receive a review letter
- Want to tell us about a change to your circumstances
Your personal information provided on this form will be used in accordance with the Council’s Personal Information Policy.
What happens next
We will either reduce the bill or let you know why we have not been able to do so.
If we need more information we will contact you.
Medium - This form usually takes a few minutes to complete
Up to: Council Tax discounts
Updated: 15 July 2020