Apply for a hostels discount
You may qualify for a Council Tax discount if someone in your household lives in a hostel as their main home.
About the discount
A hostel is a home which is mainly:
- providing residential accommodation as a hostel or night shelter, and
- not in separate and self-contained sets of premises, and
- provided for the homeless, and
- provided under licence to occupy which is not a tenancy.
We may need to visit the hostel to get more information.
You will need
- Your Council Tax account number
Before you start
This form is for new applications only.
Do not complete this form if you:
- Already receive this discount - please reapply when you receive a review letter
- Want to tell us about a change to your circumstances
Your personal information provided on this form will be used in accordance with the Council’s Personal Information Policy.
What happens next
We will either reduce the bill or let you know why we have not been able to do so.
If we need more information we will contact you.
Medium - This form usually takes a few minutes to complete
Up to: Council Tax discounts
Updated: 15 July 2020