Apply for a foreign language assistant discount
You may qualify for a Council Tax discount if a foreign language assistant lives in your home who is:
- registered with the Central Bureau for Education Visits and Exchanges, and
- working as a foreign language assistant at a school or other Educational Institution in Great Britain.
You will need
- Your Council Tax account number
A letter from the school or college confirming:
- Name of assistant
- Name and address of school of college
- Date appointment starts and ends
Before you start
This form is for new applications only.
Do not complete this form if you:
- Already receive this discount - please reapply when you receive a review letter
- Want to tell us about a change to your circumstances
Your personal information provided on this form will be used in accordance with the Council’s Personal Information Policy.
What happens next
We will either reduce the bill or let you know why we have not been able to do so.
If we need more information we will contact you.
Medium - This form usually takes a few minutes to complete
Up to: Council Tax discounts
Updated: 15 July 2020