Richmond Parent Partnership Service

Do you have a child with special educational needs?

The Parent Partnership Service (PPS) is an independent service to support you and provide help and advice on:

  • assessment procedures;
  • statements;
  • school reviews and meetings;
  • the code of practice;
  • solving disagreements;
  • school-based special educational needs support;
  • school entry, and changing from primary to secondary schools;
  • further education and other options after the age of 16; and
  • information about particular special educational needs.

PPS can:

  • discuss your concerns over the phone;
  • make an appointment to meet you (they can meet at your home, at school, at the Croft Centre or somewhere else);
  • and send you information.

PPS can help you:

  • write your contribution for either a statutory assessment or the annual statement review;
  • write letters to professionals;
  • get in touch with appropriate professionals;
  • come with you to review meetings; and
  • come with you to visit possible schools.

PPS can link you with:

  • an independent, trained volunteer (named person) to support you through the statutory assessment process;
  • voluntary organisations and parent groups that offer support and advice; and
  • other parents who have had a similar experience.

More information

Rachel Robinson or Emma Maffre

Parent Partnership Workers
Phone: 020 8831 6179

Croft Centre
Windham Road
(Term-time only).

or Special Education Needs Section, 020 8891 7541

Updated: 14 October 2011