Advice on the planning application process
It is recognised that the planning process can be complicated. To find the necessary information we have provided links to pages on both the London Borough of Richmond and Planning Portal’s websites.
Do I need planning permission?
What is the planning application process?
- Making a planning application - London Borough of Richmond upon Thames
- Plain English Guide to the planning system (PDF, GOV.UK)
What planning application form do I need to submit?
What are the planning application fees?
What information should I submit with an application?
What policies and guidance are planning applications assessed against?
- Local Plan - London Borough of Richmond upon Thames
- Supplementary planning documents and guidance - London Borough of Richmond upon Thames
How do I comment on a planning application (support or objection)?
What are material planning considerations?
If a planning application is referred to the Planning Committee, what is the process?
What is the planning appeal process?
How do I find out if my property is within a conservation area or not?
What is an Article 4 Direction and how do I find out if my property has an Article 4 Direction placed on it?
- Article 4 Directions - London Borough of Richmond upon Thames
- Article (4) Directions register (pdf, 105 KB)
If the resources above do not provide you with the information or answers you need, it is recommended that you consider appointing a planning consultant to assist you. The RTPI Directory of Planning Consultants lists all consultants and consultancies who are members of the Royal Town Planning Institute.
Up to: Pre-application advice
Updated: 27 January 2022