Full of Life is back! Register for a day of free online activities and talks to support healthy and independent living
6 September 2021
Full of Life, the annual fair for residents aged 55 and over in the borough, is back this year with a day’s worth of online activities and informal talks to promote healthy and independent living.
Full of Life aims to give residents the information and advice they need to support their wellbeing and live independent lives. The Full of Life Online Fair will take place on International Day of Older Persons on Friday 1 October.
Residents can register for the events and activities that interest them, such as:
- A Zumba exercise class with Age UK Richmond
- Advice on wills and the power of attorney from Citizens Advice Richmond
- How to spot a scam from the police
- A chance to ask questions on the COVID-19 booster vaccination programme with Healthwatch Richmond
- Advice on looking after yourself whilst looking after others from Richmond Carers Centre
- A guide to the best culture spots in the borough from VisitRichmond
- Understanding and preventing Type 2 Diabetes with Richmond Council’s Public Health team>
- Richmond Libraries' guide to using its eLibrary
- Tips and advice on saving energy in the home and saving the planet by Richmond Council’s Climate Change team
The day begins at 10am with the last session taking place at 3.30pm. Sessions will be 30 minutes long with two events/activities happening at once. Residents will be able to choose which session they would prefer to attend and can either attend all sessions on the day or pick a few to attend. There is a break for lunch from midday to 1pm.
Cllr Piers Allen, Lead member for Adult Social Care and Health and Chair of the Richmond Health and Wellbeing Board, said:
'The COVID-19 pandemic sadly means we cannot plan a large scale in-person event like previous years. However, we’re excited to bring residents the online fair to showcase the services, groups and activities available in the borough to help everybody live their later years to the fullest.
'The activities and talks take place throughout the day so please have a look to see what interests you most and register to attend.'
Up to: September 2021
Updated: 6 September 2021