Full programme of events released for Richmond Climate Week
22 October 2021
The full timetable of events for Richmond Climate Week has been released. Supported and co-organised by Richmond Council and Habitats & Heritage, Richmond Climate Week will take place from 1 to 7 November 2021.
Richmond Climate Week will take place alongside COP26 and aims to highlight local climate projects, help residents, businesses and communities better understand how to reduce their carbon footprint, and inform residents how to get involved in tackling climate change in our communities.
Each day of Richmond Climate Week will focus on a specific theme that will introduce residents to topics such as food, waste and recycling, energy saving, transport and air quality, net zero, nature, habitats, and biodiversity through a combination of digital content, and online and in-person workshops and events.
The week will include a youth-focused day on Wednesday, 3 November 2021.
Other highlights include:
- An Open Forum event at Orleans House Gallery where you can have your say about what positive changes you would like to see in the borough to help combat climate change
- A panel discussion with climate experts and Q&A session about the circular economy, sustainable consumerism and nature-based solutions to climate change
- An Energy Café at the Whitton Community Centre where residents will be provided with information and advice about home retrofitting schemes and funding available to help with any costs
- A waste-less cooking demonstration from local chef Livio from Twickenham Italian restaurant, Masaniello
- A litter pick in Richmond on the Thames foreshore
Cllr Julia Neden-Watts, Chair of the Environment and Sustainability Committee, said:
"The climate and ecology crisis requires us to come together and work towards shared solutions, and we all have a role to play. Richmond Climate Week will bring together residents, climate experts, local organisations and community groups to help to understand what we can all do.
"I strongly encourage residents to get involved with Richmond Climate Week. The events cover an impressively broad range of topics and there is something for everyone. I look forward to seeing you at an event."
Explore the full programme of events for Richmond Climate Week.
Find out more about Richmond Climate Week.
COP26 takes place in Glasgow from Monday 1 to Friday 12 November.
Up to: October 2021
Updated: 3 November 2021