Richmond Council unveils Richmond Business Hub gateway to support for local businesses
Release Date: 19 March 2021
The new Richmond Business Hub is now live with an extensive array of resources and tools to help support local businesses. It will support local businesses of all sizes and sectors by providing tailored information to help local businesses reach their full potential.
Richmond upon Thames is an entrepreneurial borough with a diverse local economy, characterised by a high proportion of small independent businesses and a large number of self-employed residents.
Many local businesses have suffered due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. With the vaccination rollout continuing across the borough, many businesses are currently preparing to re-open next month while others continue to operate remotely.
The Richmond Business Hub has been launched by Richmond Council to support local businesses and those self-employed in the borough.
The Richmond Business Hub can offer businesses:
- Support for businesses looking to alter their operations as a result of the pandemic
- Support programmes including webinars to help businesses reach their full potential
- Information, guidance and support for a range of business sectors
- Information, guidance and support specifically for female entrepreneurs
- Information regarding funding and financing
- Support for start-up businesses and start up plans
- Guidance for buying or selling internationally
- Peer to peer support from other local businesses
- Business courses available include The Phoenix Enterprise Programme, and the Small Business Accelerator
- Webinars to allow entrepreneurs to learn and develop key skills online
- A range of useful tools and links to resources to help you grow your business
Cllr Richard Baker, Lead Member for Business, Economics and Employment said:
"As a Council, we’re passionate about creating an environment in which entrepreneurs can start and then grow their business and we’re also incredibly proud to be home to some of the country’s most high-profile companies.
"The Richmond Business Hub provides a range of support and advice to help aspiring entrepreneurs and businesses in the borough to thrive, develop and expand during both stable and more difficult times. I encourage you to explore the Hub and take advantage of the free support and advice on offer."
Find out more about the extensive list of resources available to local businesses through the Richmond Business Hub.
Explore the range of business programmes open to businesses of all sizes and sectors through the Richmond Business Hub.
Richmond Council also has a range of support available to local businesses who have suffered due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Notes for editors
If you are a journalist and would like further information about this press release, contact Jeff Gibbons on 020 8487 5178.
Up to: March 2021
Updated: 29 March 2021